The group quickly realized the need for more community based service providers. In 1972 the Senior Transportation program began and in 1973 the first primary care office opened in Newmarket, NH.
In 1981 the organization added a location in Raymond, NH. Over the decades, the Newmarket and Raymond centers moved and expanded facility space to meet the growing community needs. In 2000 we added the Nashua Center, located in the downtown area.
Programs also grew over the years to include a prenatal program, school based dental, integrated behavioral health, and the Seacoast Public Health Network, to name a few. As we approach our 50th Anniversary we are committed to responding to the needs of the communities we serve.
For more than 40 years Lamprey Health Care has been a leader in community health, both within the state and across the country. Our Board of Directors, Executive Team and Clinical Team have all won numerous awards for their dedication and excellence in the field of health care.
Most recently we have received Recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home(TM) from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Other recent awards include:
- Physician Summit Award to Vasuki Nagaraj, MD from NH Healthy Families in recognition of the exemplary care he provides and his engagement with patients. The award also recognizes Dr. Nagaraj’s excellence in improving the care and health outcomes of patients.
- Business of the Year Award from the Newmarket Business Association in recognition of our role as a community service provider in the town of Newmarket
- The Community Partner Award from the Raymond Coalition for Youth (RCFY) for playing an instrumental role in the success of RCYF to promote substance abuse awareness and prevention programs.
- The President’s Award to Sandra K. Pardus from Bi-State Primary Care Association for her outstanding contributions to assure access for vulnerable populations and tireless engagement in activities well beyond the scope of her day to day job.
- Business of the Year Award to Lamprey Health Care from Business NH Magazine in the Health Care category in recognition of business excellence in the state of New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Outstanding Clinician Award to Jeremy James, MD and Sarah Zachos, MD, Family Physicians in the Raymond Center, by Bi-State Primary Care Association for exemplary leadership skills and impact on the health of the community they serve.
- Community Service Award was given to Cynthia Giguere-Unrein, Director on Lamprey Health Care’s Board, from Bi-State Primary Care Association in honor of her considerable volunteer efforts and impact on the vulnerable populations of New Hampshire.
- HIMMS Davies Award of Excellence was awarded to Community Health Access Network and Lamprey Health Care for their excellence in the implementation and value of health information technology and electronic health records.
- Physician of the Year Award was given to Dr. Paul Friedrichs, MD, Family Physician in the Newmarket Center, from the New Hampshire Academy of Family Practice.
- Jeffrey T. Latman Award for Leadership in Health Care Finance to Sandra Pardus, Chief Financial Officer, by National Association of Community Health Centers for her achievements as an outstanding fiscal officer.
- Sandra T Hicks Minority Health Champion Award was given to Paula Smith and Florentina Dinu for their outstanding leadership and devotion to minority health issues in New Hampshire.
- KIDOS Award from New Hampshire Healthy Kids to Rossy Lopez, Patient Advocate in the Nashua Center, to recognize outstanding community-based efforts to identify and enroll children in the Healthy Kids programs.