The healthcareGives Dental Fund helps Lamprey Health Care patients who are experiencing dental pain or infection and are having difficulty affording treatment. Our dental programs target patients who:
- Are pregnant and have gum disease. This can lead to pain, infection, and an increased probability of pre-term labor.
- Are diabetic and experiencing poor blood sugar control due to dental inflammation.
- Patients with substance use disorder. These patients may be at higher risk for cavities.
- Patients who are taking psychiatric medications. These medications can lead to dry mouth and a higher risk for cavities.
To qualify for the healthcareGives Dental Fund, individuals must be patients of Lamprey Health Care. For more information, ask your primary care provider for a referral.
Thank you to healthcareGives for choosing Lamprey Health Care as their 2019 recipient.
The School-Based Dental Program has been temporarily suspended as we respond to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Our School-Based Dental Program visits area elementary schools, providing oral hygiene instruction to children in the community. Services provided by the program include:
- nutritional counseling
- dental hygiene education
- preventive care tips for kids and teachers
- oral screenings
- fluoride rinses
- sealants (if necessary)
Our School-Based Dental Program provides dental education and oral health services to schools in the towns of:
The School-Based Dental Program provides children who do not have a regular dentist with referrals to participating area dentists so that the children gain access to a dental home. For additional information on our School-Based Dental Program, please contact the Dental Program Coordinator at (603) 895-3351, ext. 7340.
The Tots and Teeth program has been temporarily suspended as we respond to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Tots & Teeth is a monthly dental screening and infant oral health exams for children ages 1 to 3 years old.
During your child’s visit, our dental hygienist will:
- Provide an oral health screening
- Provide a cavity risk assessment
- Review healthy nutrition for oral health
- Fluoride varnish treatment available
- Review proper dental care techniques for your child
For more information about this program or to schedule an appointment, call our Dental Program Coordinator at (603) 895-3351 ext. 7340.